Flagstaff (Lloydminster) and area – 2019 Umpire Clinic – Zone 7
Add to Calendar
April 6, 2019 @ 8:30 am – April 7, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
St. Jerome School
4820 46 St
Vermilion, AB T9X 1G2
4820 46 St
Vermilion, AB T9X 1G2
Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
ASUA Zone 7 Umpire Clinics for Fastpitch(Windmill and Orthodox), and Slowpitch Softball.
- Bonnyville on Saturday, March 30th and Sunday, March 31st: Location: Duclos School: 4801 52 Ave, Bonnyville, AB T9N 2R4
- Lloydminster on Saturday, April 6th and Sunday, April 7th: Location: St. Jerome School: 4820 46 street, Vermilion, AB T9X 1G2
- Joint Umpire Clinic with Zone 5 at the Arena in Tofield on Saturday, April 27th and Sunday, April 28th.
- There will be someone there at 8 am on Saturday to complete the registrations and collect the necessary fees. All Clinics will probably begin at 9 am and end at 4 or 5 pm on Saturday and on Sunday, beginning at 9 am and finish at 3 pm, with a break for Lunch from noon to 1 pm each day.
- Cost per Registrant
– 1st year – $70.00 includes Level one manual and 2019-2020 Softball Canada Official Rulebook.
– Returning Level one – $100.00 includes 2019-2020 Softball Canada Official Rulebook and if you didn’t save, replacement Level one Manual is $15.00.
– Returning or moving up to Level two – $120.00 includes 2019-2020 Rulebook and Level two Manual cost is $15.00.
– Returning Level three – $130.00 includes 2019-2020 Softball Canada Official Rulebook. Level three Manual cost is $15.00:
– Returning Level four – $140.00 includes 2019-2020 Softball Canada Official Rulebook. To move up from a Level two to a Level three, Umpire would have had to have been successfully evaluated at the U16A Provincials in Calgary last year. To move from Level three to Level four, would have to attend Blue Convention in Quebec April 19-20, 2019 and pass their Level four theory exam and later evaluation.
The majority of these fees goes to Softball Alberta and Softball Canada. The rest goes to Zone 7, of which Instructor expenses(mileage, meals, hotel rooms, etc,) and facility costs are paid out of, as well as other operating costs. Zone 7 actually absorbs part of the cost of the fees for new umpires.
- This year, I or someone representing Zone 7 will take registrations and collect Fees for those attending Clinics at Bonnyville and the Lloydminster Clinic being held at Vermilion and see that Instructor expenses and ASUA registration fees are paid. Please forward the names of those you know will be attending to me. In Tofield will take registrations and collect Fees only for those registering with and through Zone 7. Please forward names of those from Zone 7 who will be attending the Tofield Clinic to me.
- Would like to see a minimum of 10 registered and preferably as many as the Classroom will hold. Because there is a newly updated rulebook out this year, hopefully, all our 1st years from last year will attend. To maintain their Certification without attending Clinic, the registration fees according to each Umpire level still need to be paid to Zone 7 and an online Exam completed, so might as well get the benefits of the Clinic as well. Preferably would like all Level twos and threes to attend one of these Clinics as well. Once I receive your registration fees for those not attending a Clinic, you will be sent your 2019-2020 Rulebook. Anybody requiring additional 2019-2020 Softball Canada Official Rule Book, the cost through me will be $20.00, you can order them yourself from Softball Alberta for $12.00 plus shipping and handling: Once I have confirmation that the Online Exam has been successfully completed, your 2019 Zone 7 Umpires Card will be mailed to whatever address you provide.
- These Clinic dates and times will be posted on the ASUA website, which should see it linked to Softball Alberta’s website as well. I am sending out a blanket email to as many people that I have contact information for. Hopefully, this blanket email will answer any queries you have.
- ASUA Zone 7 spring meeting will be on Sunday, March 24th at 1 pm in Irma. If enough are interested, will book a place and will have our windup dinner afterward, being this never happened last Fall.
- I have approved two Requests for Sanction, one for Wetlands Classic at Bonnyville June 7th to 9th and the other for the Liners Summer Classic 2019 at Marwayne July 12th to 14th. This is the time to be getting in your Requests for Sanction for any Events that you are planning to host in Zone 7 and Flagstaff areas. This includes GPLS events.
If you are hosting a Softball Alberta Provincial Event, you don’t need a Sanction, but I still need to be aware of this, so I can arrange for enough qualified Umpires.
- If you are aware of Events in other Zones you would like to Umpire at, please let me know, so I can put in a request on your behalf. If your qualifications meet their needs, then I am sure something can be arranged.
- Once again, any questions about the above or any other matters pertaining to Zone 7, Email me at email@example.com or Call / Text me at 780 385-8523. Please make sure that I am contacted, if you are attending one of these Clinics. I will need your name, birthdate (I am told we can take as young as 12 years of age), contact information, including valid email address and phone number (for a minor this can be guardians email and phone number), and a postal mailing address.