ASUA Committee Members – Call for Applications
The Alberta Softball Umpires Association (ASUA) is seeking umpires who are willing to contribute by joining one of the following commitees for the upcoming year:
- Umpire Retention – Chair (New Committee)
- Discipline – Chair (New Committee)
- Mentorship – Chair
- Diversity – Chair (New Committee)
- Education member – vacated (1 Position)
The following is a list of potential job responsibilities of Members.
- Attend any meetings (virtual or in-person) related to committees of umpires in Alberta.
- Provide input and ideas to the committee for future projects to further umpire’s development, education, retention, and diversity
- Provide ongoing leadership to specific assignments for officiating development.
- Prepare & develop officiating resources including, but not limited to, Provincial education material for clinics, instructional videos, etc.
- Minimum Level 3 Official in either Slo-Pitch or Fastpitch (Slo-Pitch experience would be an asset)
- Member in good standing with Softball Alberta and Softball Canada
- Completion of Softball Canada Instructor/ Evaluator Course or Minimum Secondary school completion (or equivalent educational background)
- Leadership, planning or administrative experience in a volunteer or professional capacity
- Experience in leading/ instructing/ facilitating softball officiating programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with technology is an asset. (Video editing/creation)
**NOTE** It is not mandatory for successful applicants to be the “face” of committee. If applicants would rather work in the background/behind the scenes on project creation, etc. that can be coordinated.
Please submit your application via email to:
Board of Directors ASUA email@example.com.
Deadline will be February 15, 2023