Education Committee Members – Call for Applications
The Alberta Softball Umpires Association (ASUA) is seeking fast-pitch and slo-pitch umpires who are willing to contribute to the education of our umpires under the leadership of Kris Hartley (ASUA Education Chair).
Currently, there are opportunities for 3-4 umpires to join the committee for a 2-year term (2022-2024)
Committee member selection shall be made according to pre-established criteria, which will include, in addition to the required skills and experience; both slo-pitch and fastpitch certified umpires, representation by geographic regions and gender equity.
See the following Position Description & Responsibilities, and the Selection Criteria. Applications should include at least 1 letter of reference supporting the applicant.
The deadline for applications for the ASUA Education committee member positions is January 1st, 2022 @ 11:59 pm.
Decisions on the final candidates will be presented to the ASUA Board of Directors and announcement of the successful candidates will occur soon thereafter.
Send your applications and reference letter to Kris Hartley, Alberta Softball Umpires Association (ASUA) Education Chair @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Position Description
ASUA EDUCATION COMMITTEE (Multiple Positions)
The following is a list of potential job responsibilities of Education Members.
- Attend any meetings (virtual or in-person) related to Education of umpires in Alberta.
- Provide input and ideas to the committee for future projects to further umpire’s education
- Provide ongoing leadership to specific assignments for officiating development.
- Instruct the Officials Certification program, as required and if qualified, evaluate other instructors (as per Softball Canada policies)
- Prepare & develop officiating educational resources including, but not limited to, Provincial education material for clinics, instructional videos, etc.
- Minimum Level 3 Official in either Slo-Pitch or Fastpitch (Slo-Pitch experience would be an asset)
- Member in good standing with Softball Alberta and Softball Canada
- Completion of Softball Canada Instructor/ Evaluator Course or Minimum Secondary school completion (or equivalent educational background)
- Leadership, planning or administrative experience in a volunteer or professional capacity
- Experience in leading/ instructing/ facilitating softball officiating programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with technology is an asset. (video editing/creation)
**NOTE** It is not mandatory for successful applicants to be the “face” of umpire education. If applicants would rather work in the background/behind the scenes on project creation, etc that can be coordinated.
Questions? Please submit via email to Kris Hartley: email@example.com