Evaluation Committee Members – Call for Applications
The Alberta Softball Umpires Association (ASUA) is seeking new fast-pitch and slo-pitch member(s) for its Evaluation Committee for 2022 season. Candidates must be interested in and willing to contribute to the evaluation of ASUA umpires, evaluators, and instructors.
Applications should include:
- A detailed summary of the applicant’s umpiring experience.
- Details on when the applicant completed the Instructor/ Evaluator course.
- An overview of volunteer/ professional experience that will be beneficial to the position.
- A cover letter.
Committee member selection shall be made according to the selection criteria outlined below, along with consideration of geographic representation and gender equity. See the following Position Description, Responsibilities and Selection Criteria.
The proposed list of committee members will be presented to ASUA Board of Directors for ratification by December 20, with announcements made soon thereafter.
The deadline for applications is December 15 at 11:59 pm (MT).
Submit applications by email to David Brewer, ASUA Evaluation Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Position Description
ASUA EVALUATION COMMITTEE (Multiple Positions)
The following is a list of potential job responsibilities of Evaluation Members.
- Attend any meetings (virtual or in-person) related to Evaluation of registered softball umpires, instructors and evaluators in Alberta.
- Provide input and ideas to the committee for planning to further umpire evaluation.
- Evaluate Instructors and Evaluators as per the Certification criteria.
- Minimum Level 3 Official in either Slo-Pitch or Fastpitch (Slo-Pitch experience would be an asset)
- Member in good standing with Softball Alberta and Softball Canada
- Completion of Softball Canada Instructor/Evaluator Course
- Leadership, planning or administrative experience in a volunteer or professional capacity
- Experience in leading/ instructing/ facilitating softball umpiring programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with technology is an asset.
Questions? Please submit via email to David Brewer: email@example.com