On-Line Level IV Umpires Certification Clinic
On-Line Level IV Umpires Certification Clinic to be held in Spring 2014
Softball Canada is pleased to announce that an on-line Level IV National Umpires Certification Clinic will once again be held in the Spring of 2014. The clinic dates are tentatively set for five Sunday’s in March and April. Each of the five two hour sessions, led by experienced Softball Canada instructors, will focus on the psychology of officiating, advanced game management techniques and mechanics and much more.
To be eligible to participate, candidates must be a fully certified Level III umpire for at least two years and receive a positive endorsement from their provincial or territorial organization. Successful completion of the Level IV clinic results in Level IV Theory certification. A subsequent successful evaluation at a U18 (M or F) or U21 (F) Fast Pitch or Senior Women’s Slo-Pitch Canadian Championship will lead to full Level IV certification.
- Registration fee is $175 and includes a Level IV manual, access to the Adobe Connect virtual classroom platform and all other resources
- Participants will require access to a computer (Windows or Mac) with high-speed Internet connectivity, a mic/headset and a webcam to participate.
- Each of the five sessions of the online Level IV clinic will be held beginning at 12 noon Eastern (9am Pacific)
- Tentative clinic dates: March 9, 16, 23 and April 6 and 13.
- The language of instruction for this clinic offering will be English.
To register please contact Donna Ozarko at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration will be limited to 12 participants with preference given to candidates from more remote areas of the country.
Please note that submission of a completed registration form and fees does not guarantee acceptance into the clinic.
Candidates will be advised upon their reception into the on-line clinic.
The registration deadline for the Spring 2014 online Level IV umpires clinic is February 24th, 2014. For more information or to register please contact Donna Ozarko at email@example.com.
Sorry for the late posting of this. If anyone does contact Donna, please let us know whether they are allowing late admission, and what the final schedule of the training is..